Please familiarize yourself and your dancer with the following details.
We will continue to follow the Covid-19 guidelines given by the BC Health Authorities pertaining to group gatherings. The health and safety of our dancers and teachers is our first priority. We ask for your patience and flexibility as we navigate the return to dance classes.
As we look forward to having dancers in the studio again, we all must work together to make in-class instruction safe and possible. Please read through the list below.
- Dancers only: At this time, we are encouraging dancers ONLY to enter the building; a sign in/sign out station will be in effect for the younger students, and a door monitor will be present as we all get used to the new routine. We know this may be tricky with the little ones, especially those new to our studio, and we will make exceptions when needed, one parent or caregiver may enter. Please wait outside to be invited in by our door monitor.
- Studio entrance: Upon arrival to the studio, the students will be asked to enter and to go immediately to their designated spot. These spots will be clearly marked and spaced 2 metres apart in all directions.
- Studio Sanitization: We will be sanitizing all high touch surfaces between each and every class. Classes will be shortened by 5-10 minutes to allow for this.
- Hand Sanitization: Hand sanitizing stations will be set up, and all must sanitize upon entering and exiting the studio.
- Bathroom visits: Dancers may be asked to restrict bathroom usage to emergency only situations, if at all possible, please use the bathroom at home before arriving.
- Be ready for class: To minimize use of the changing area, we ask that all dancers come dressed for class.
- Props: Props for the younger children will be in personalized bags, which will be distributed at the beginning of the dance year. These will be given out at no cost, however if they are lost and your child needs a replacement, there will be a fee of $5.
- Water Bottles: Dancers must bring their own water bottles to class.
- Masks: Masks are optional for all students.
- Feeling ill? Dancers will not be allowed to attend classes if they feel unwell in anyway.
- Online classes: We will only move to online if absolutely necessary. Should this happen, we will maintain the same schedule as if the students were in the studio.
- COVID Risks: Despite our best efforts we cannot guarantee that returning to in person classes will be 100% risk free. Should you or your family members be in the high risk category for COVID-19, you may consider taking a leave of absence from in-person dance classes this season. We understand that this is a personal choice and fully respect and support your decisions.
- Signage: Please follow all posted signs in the studio.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at the studio.